Teletrac Navman are one of the longest running GPS live tracking businesses having been in the market for over 25 years. They are responsible for 500k vehicles globally including big name clients such as Land Rover and Virgin. They offer solutions for fleet management services and telematics focusing on delivering products to enhance the profitability and productivity of your fleet.
TomTom are a big name in global GPS and this is also true with Australia. They have over 15 years’ experience and offer expert GPS systems. TomTom have a fleet management platform known as Webfleet that has gained industry recognition. They have 45,000 clients worldwide and operate as a “Software as a Service” (Saas) solution. TomTom are a very popular choice among many fleet operated businesses.
Fleetmatics are an exceptional provider of fleet management and field services management with over 38k customers worldwide. They started out in 2004 and have now grown to have a global presence with strong offerings in the US, UK and now Australia. They are responsible for 757k subscribed vehicles worldwide through their two key products: Fleetmatics REVEAL and Fleetmatics WORK. They offer some of the best reporting functions available.
Intellitrac is a booming Australian provider in existence since 2004 and now gaining an international reputation. Their solutions are customisable and versatile. They supply to over 10,000 companies and various government departments. Intellitrac aim to offer choice and scalability with their solutions and offer an attractive Beat Any Price offer. They are rapidly becoming a big name on the global vehicle tracking scene.
Securatrak is a leader in Australian Fleet Management Solutions, having been on the GPS vehicle tracking scene since 2003. They aim to combine cost-effectiveness with a large range of benefits and have a strong reputation. They operate from Adelaide but have additional offices across the country. They are a big name on the Australian market but are also part of a larger global corporation, Geotab Inc based in Canada.
A Finnish business, with a strong global and Australian presence, Tramigo are well-known global leaders in providing fleet tracking solutions. They are unique in how they ensure accurate tracking, through their use of Tramigo Landmark Data (TLD) which works no matter how remote your vehicles and assets might be. Tramigo’s products are hugely valuable for Australian remote service industries, particularly in Queensland and Northern Territories.
The aim of Telogis is to make fleets, workforces and assets more ‘intelligent’ through a range of cloud-based scalable solutions. They are well known for their Telogis Fleet, Route, Mobile, Integration and Response products that can combine to create a fully comprehensive fleet management and GPS tracking solution for any sized fleet in any industry.
CTrack are a global GPS tracking business with a network of distributors in Australia, with 10,000 Australian vehicles currently tracked through them. They offer four distinct products which are web-based real time vehicle tracking solutions and fleet management systems suitable in a wide range of businesses from logistics to helicopters and even boats. They have over 18 years’ experience.
Netcorps GPS is a national GPS and fleet management services provider in Australia. They have products suitable for any size fleet and have a selection of off-the-shelf solutions that can be used instantly and with ease. The fastest growing GPS tracker business in the country, they have three key subscription plans according to what you need, and offer these through both plug-in and wired-in technology.
MTData have a strong Australian presence with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide and 11 offices globally. They were founded in 2003 and currently have a 95% market share in the Australian taxi market but offer solutions suitable for any business in the transport sector. They provide GPS tracking, fleet management and dispatch solutions and were on Deloitte’s Technology Fast List three years running.
Aus Tracker not only operate in Australia but have developed and maintained their products on Australian soil, keeping the unique nature of Australian businesses constantly at the forefront of innovation. They tailor their products to be highly suitable and adaptable within the GPS tracking market. This is partnered with a first-rate network of Australian auto-electricians ready to customise Aus Tracker products to suit your needs.
Operating in Australia since 2006, Myionu offer a comprehensive range of tracking solutions paired with vehicle and asset management. They have a track record serving both small businesses and larger organisations including government departments. They are particularly focused on improving the security of field based personnel and lone workers. Their products are available to buy or rent with a good range of solutions available.
Fleetlog are an international player in GPS services with a strong presence in Australia operating from NSW. They offer cloud-based fleet management and GPS solutions without tying you in to long term contracts. They provide expert real-time live tracking combined with options for managing driver performance which are suitable for an extensive range of businesses.
iHound are an Australian company offering a good range of GPS location services for fleet management solutions. Their products can be applied in a variety of ways to many industries. They offer affordable services with a range of options, focusing always on improving productivity, safety and security, both on a contract and one-off purchase basis. iHound also offer unique solutions such as medical equipment tracking.
Future Fleet are a dominant Australian company providing GPS technology in the transport and logistics industries. They were founded in Brisbane in 2003 and have led the way in Australian GPS vehicle tracking and field management services. Their solutions are wide ranging and include suitable options for trailer, asset, bus and coach tracking, as well as those industries needing temperature control, such as food distribution.
A GPS solution provider which is strong in Australia yet has an international presence is Ezy2c, part of Fleet Logistics which started in 2003. They have a nationwide network of offices and can provide solutions for a range of fleet sizes and fleet types. They have an extensive range of products with both plug-in and wired-in solutions and almost certainly will have a product to suit everyone.
Telemax offer a range of different hardware and software vehicle tracking solutions to meet a range of business needs. They are an Australian business based in Queensland and focus on real-time comprehensive fleet management solutions suitable for large or small fleets in a range of industries. You can select from a large range of products on an ‘as needed’ basis tailoring your solution to your needs.
With a strong presence in both Queensland and NSW, Track My Ride offer a 10 second Real Time Vehicle Tracking Security System focused on both individual and business use. Track My Ride was founded in 2011 and offer their product with 6 months free tracking, making them a provider of choice for those looking for to test the benefits of tracking. They are suitable for a range of fleets including cars and motorbikes.
Operating from Queensland, Armada GPS offer a fleet tracking and management solution for a one-off purchase which comes with 3 years of free tracking including a free prepaid SIM suitable for up to 5 vehicles per account. They provide TruePath tracking with Google Maps and have good reporting and alerting systems.
Suited for large and small fleets across Australia, Trakonline is a fleet management provider focusing on vehicle security and plant and equipment tracking. They operate from NSW and have a very strong focus on future product development ensuring they always offer the best technology available. Their solutions are affordable, high quality and implemented in a range of Australian fleets.
Fleet Management Companies – What Do I Need to Know?
Selecting the fleet management company that best fits your business, or personal use, can be a difficult process. In Australia businesses are spoilt for choice with a wide range of fleet management options ranging from home grown fleet management companies, which have a great understand of fleet management in Australia, to various global players who have greater resources.
Know Your Needs
The first step to identifying which of the Fleet Management Companies to choose is knowing your needs and requirements in the overall context of fleet management. This means not selecting a product simply on the grounds of cost, but instead taking the time to assess your unique requirements and then begin the process of narrowing down your choice. This will require you to ask yourself some questions to gain a good understanding to start from.
Ascertaining which of the fleet management companies is best for you should be well considered.
How to Choose the Best Fleet Management Company?
The best fleet management companies will vary from business to business and from business to individuals. What is right for you might not be best for someone else. Therefore, in the context of your business you need consider the following points to identify the to best fleet management company:
- Experience and Relevance: Does the fleet management company have experience in your industry? Have they had similar clients and customers before? Do they have a good track record and consistently good reviews and feedback?
- Coverage: Do they cover your area? For fleet management Australia this is essential. Some fleet management companies are experts in a defined regional area, others have a strong nationwide presence, and some are truly global. In addition, do they provide the technology needed for your fleet distribution area? For example, if you operate in remote areas you may need a system that can continue to provide accurate tracking in areas where GPS signals are weak.
- Flexibility: Do they offer a one-size fits all approach, or a customisable option? If it’s a one-size fits all, does it fit you? These systems are cheaper, but can have their limitations. Can they scale their solutions according to your business size, and business growth?
- Customer Service: What is the fleet management company’s customer service like? Does their method of contact suit your operational needs?
- Further Services: What additional services do the different fleet management companies offer that you could take advantage of? For example, are they specialists in novated lease? Do they provide insurance? Integration to payroll? Do they have maintenance services and roadside assistance? Can they undertake fuel management? Do they offer dispatch management? These are all valuable questions to ask according to the relevance to your requirements.
- Costs: Finally, you should consider costs. Understand your budget, but also be aware that fleet management solutions are designed to save you money. You should be able to gain an insight in to the return on investment a particular fleet management Australia company will bring to you, and understand how you can offset this against the initial outlay costs.
Fleet Management Companies – Buyer Checklist
To understand your business or personal objectives when selecting from the various fleet management companies on offer, ask yourself:
- What are the fleet management priorities?
- Do we need real-time vehicle tracking?
- Do we need a system to help with driver behaviour and management?
- Do we need vehicle identification and driver identification?
- Do we operate in remote areas, or city-based?
- Are we nationwide, regional, or international?
- Do we need vehicle maintenance and inspection?
- Do we need a two-way messaging or communication system with drivers?
- Do we need sat nav functionalities such as routing, mapping, and traffic alerts?
- Are we service-based with a focus on customer service?
- Do we need dispatch management?
- Do we need fuel management? What about Fringe Tax Benefit recording and reporting?
- Is proof-of-delivery tracking and signing important?
- Is vehicle security important to the business?
- Is driver and employee safety important to the business?
- Do we need a system that includes inventory management?
- Do we need assistance with work order management?
- Do we need to improve accountability through journey history reporting and replay?
- Do we need to increase our responsiveness and flexibility?
- Will the business be growing? Can we find a solution that is scalable and can be integrated with our wide business operations?
Once you have the answers to these questions you are much better placed to go on and consider which fleet management companies are worth considering.
Fleet Management Companies – Expert Advice
The process of selecting which fleet management companies will best meet your requirements can be bewildering. Understanding your requirements and the unique nature of your business or personal needs is paramount. From here understanding what is on offer follows. However, you can still be left pondering which fleet management companies are really worth your consideration, time, and ultimately dollars. This is where expert advice is imperative. Our experts have complied the top 20 fleet management companies in Australia, based on a range of factors including: product features, customer support, costs, case studies, and our expert opinion.